Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mills Lake

Now that's Morgan is in school, I got to do something with my parents that I haven't done in five years - take an adults only outing. We went up to Rocky Mountain National Park and hiked to Mills Lake. I read the trail wrong and thought it was only 2.5 miles long. Turns out it's really 2.5 miles one way, plus they don't start counting the miles until you get to Alberta Falls. The whole trail ended up being 6 miles long. Whoops! But my folks were troopers and attacked the mountain without any problems. The view of Longs Peak at the top was definitely worth it.









Now they are ready to do Longs Peak. Well, maybe not quite.

2 comments:

Staci A said...

Looks like a great hike-the area is gorgeous! Though I'm not sure I could handle 6 miles!

Heather said...

what a beautiful hike!