Friday, September 19, 2008

Can't Catch a Break

Mark went out of town this week for business. I have been single-parenting a child who is coming down from a vacation high and missing her dad, which means she is extremely cranky and sassy. To top it off, I'm really, really sick. Not a fun week, but wait it gets better. At the beginning of this week, when I was feeling my sickest, I had to take away Morgan's tv privileges. Oh, how I did NOT want to do that. I really would have loved to have sat her in front of the tv this week while I nurse myself. But, she broke a huge house rule, not just once but three times so I had no other choice then to ultimately punish myself.

Mark was supposed to be home last night. My whole body ached thinking about the rest I was finally going to get. But it was not to be. I got a call from mom around 5 saying she had Morgan. Mark was trying to get a hold of me, but couldn't. There were no messages on my phone, so not sure what happened. Anyways, he was working in Nebraska and had drove there. On the drive back he hit something in the road and broke the truck. He is stuck on the Nebraska/Colorado border until it can get fixed. Hopefully, it will be this morning, but I'm not holding my breathe. I can not get my hopes up that he will be home tonight. If he's not, I would seriously be crushed.

I've always had a huge appreciation for single moms or mom's who's husbands are deployed for months. Here is another time, when I once again want to applaud them.

2 comments:

Haasiegirl said...

OH NO! How frustrating. My DH goes out of town too and i can totally relate to the needing a break. I think i put her to bed an hour early when he is out of town. LOL! I know, not steller parenting.

trisha
momdot.com

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

I actually tried that too! I put her down at 7 instead of 8, but it usually doesn't work. Instead of going to sleep, she will sneak out of her bedroom over and over. Apparently, she is not as tired as mom is!