Monday, May 3, 2010

The Last of Kindergarten

I can't believe the last few weeks of school are upon us. In less then 20 days Morgan will no longer be a kindie. Crazy. And apparently in the last few weeks of school, we as parents aren't supposed to be working much: one day I'll be taking off for a class field trip, one day Mark will be taking off for a teacher-workday, then we have to come during the middle of the day for a continuation ceremony, another day is mostly field day where parents are also encouraged to participate. So in the next three weeks, we'll need to take off five days! Yicks!

We are crossing our fingers that it isn't more time, but Morgan has expressed an interest in participating in the year end talent show. This is coming from the girl who passed on the opportunity to have a speaking part in the Winter Concert. Now she wants to perform some of her "gymnastic tricks" solo on a stage. While I would like to encourage this, I don't want to have to take off work for the auditions (yes - they have to audition for this!), the practices and the performance which is once again, during the middle of the day. Mark and I are not bringing it up again, and we are hoping she doesn't either. Shhhhh.

3 comments:

Shey said...

It is crazy that they're almost done! (Connor doesn't get out until mid June, though.) I have mixed feelings about summer--glad because there's a lot we want to do, but I'm going to miss the days to myself (I suppose I better get used to that, though, for more reasons than Connor just finishing kindergarten. LOL!)

jamielblev said...

Yeah, we are in the same boat. We have field day, school performance, class party, school holiday, teacher inservice, etc. One thing I'm looking forward to for this summer....not having to do homework and pack lunches and iron school clothes for 2.5 months. WOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOO!

Staci A said...

They do try to cram so much into the last few weeks. I can't believe the year is almost over!