Saturday, June 28, 2008

A No Good Very Bad Day (or everything that could go wrong does)

Today we went to a birthday party for one of Morgan's friends at school. I found out that Sydney's mom didn't invite all the kids in their class. Apparently there are some kids at their school who are not nice to Sydney so her mom did not want them there. With the problems we were having with Morgan getting along with some of the girls at school, I was extremely relieved that Morgan was not in that group!

You would think a bunch of kids at a jumpy house, screaming and running around, hopped up on sugar would be the most chaotic part of our day. Unfortunately it was not.

Mark, so thoughtfully planned a night out for us as my birthday present. Tonight was supposed to be it. He got a tickets to a play at the theater downtown and reservations to a pretty swank steakhouse. I've been coming down with a cold/sinsus infection and wasn't feeling so hot. With my cold I wasn't really in the mood to enjoy a steak, and plus, with the stuffiness, I wouldn't be able taste anything. I didn't think spending tons of money on something I couldn't appreciate would be the best idea. We decided to have a simplier dinner and then go the play.

From there it went all down hill. We were all running late and then Morgan threw a fit for a half hour so we started out the night late. Plus we were stressed out from dealing with her tantrum. We went to park at the theater and found out the parking only took cash so we had to find an ATM. By now, we had less then an hour to eat before the show started. So we ended up eating at a not so cheap place in the theater complex. When we got to the theater, we found out we had the time wrong. We had an extra half hour! At least we had a half hour then to relax. The show, The Last Five Years, was pretty good. After the show we drove home. We drive some back roads to get home. On one of the back roads, about four blocks away from our house. We get pulled over by the police. Mark didn't come to a full stop at one of the stop signs. To top it off, we can't find our most recent insurance card. He let us go on the stop sign, but Mark needs to appear in court with proof (which we now have) of our current insurance. When we get home at 10:30, Morgan is still up. She wants me to sleep with her and at this point, I don't want anymore drama. Morgan crawls into bed with me and we call it a night.

Mark was so sweet to plan all these, I just wish it could have all turned out different! I guess we'll just have to try this again. It can only get better, right??

No comments: