Thursday, November 20, 2008

Day 8 - Blog Party - Black Friday

Sponsors: Day Eight Momdot Blog Party Question is Brought to you by Koshas, Leapfrog and Soda Club.

Do you shop on Black Friday? What time do you start? Do you complete your shopping this day? What’s the best deal you have ever found? What’s your shopping strategy?

I shall make this short and sweet.

No way, no how do I shop this day. I avoid Black Friday like the plague. The name even sounds like a plague. I refuse to subject myself to waking up early, standing in crazy long lines just to get into the store let alone to pay for the things, and fighting all those crazed shoppers. My sanity is worth more than the money I would save.

No thank you.



19 comments:

Miss Blondie said...

Well said!! I agree!

Natalie said...

It is nice to know I am not the only one who forgoes the deals for sleep and sanity

Staci A said...

I'm starting to feel like the only one who'll be going out, but I look forward to it with complete dread.

Trish said...

I've only been a few times, but I only go if it's worth it. We usually go out later though.

Cathy said...

You are so right! It does sound like the plague! Like "Black Lung" or something!

Tena said...

looks like most of us are not down with black friday, lol

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Staci- you're not alone!

Melissa said...

Sleep is some good stuff, huh? I like shopping, but I'll be sitting on by behind .. just like I am right now. LOL!

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Sanity is the key word! I hear you!

Diana

Check out my Family FotoFun Friday @ Diana's Daily Ramblings

Jenny said...

Until someone told me last year, I thought the name "Black Friday" meant it was the most miserable Friday of the year. Turns out it's just when the big box stores get back "in the black" as opposed to the "red." :-) But I think it's both. It is pretty depressing to witness people fighting over DVD players like a bunch of dogs fighting over a porkchop.

hippos toes said...

No way!!! Too crazy and too commercialized for me.

Proud Mommy said...

With you on that!

Celina said...

Yes exactly! It does sound like some kind of plague! Glad to know I am not the only one out there avoiding it!

Unknown said...

I know what you mean-lol! plus there is NO xmas spirit that day. everyone is pushing, shoving, cranky...not an ideal day to shop!

Unknown said...

I sincerely hope the majority of shoppers feel like the majority of you... then there won't be any lines for me to stand in, or any crazies for me to hip-check outta my way! ;)

Momstart said...

Well i won't be sleeping but I'm not going out on Black Friday.

Sarah said...

Cheers! This is me lifting a glass of leftover eggnog to you!

Sandy said...

Take it from someone who has been there, you are absolutly correct!

danette said...

LOL, that was pretty much my response too :)