Despite all the drama with the After Care, Morgan's school ROCKS! She is adjusting well and is enjoying all the new things it has to offer. Here are some of the highlights according to Morgan:
1) Three recesses (with After Care she gets a third one)
2) Eating lunch in the cafeteria. The Kindergarten class eats first with the cafeteria all to themselves. Since they are slow to eat (still on toddler time), the lunch monitors prod them along by telling them the 1st graders are going to sit on them if they don't finish up. Morgan thinks this is hysterical.
3) Gym class. Morgan loved going to a special room where she got to hop forward on one foot and back on another.
4) Computer class. They played a game where a letter comes on the screen. They have to push that letter on the keyboard and it turns into a picture that starts with that letter. Pretty simple, but something that Morgan thinks is cool to do in a classroom.
5) Reading and Art. They read the Kissing Hand and then made a kissing hand art project. Morgan came home and made four more.
6) The school nurse. The classroom was brought to the nurse's office for a tour. Morgan thought it was the neatest thing that there was a real nurse right at the school.
7) Raising your hand until your called on. Now most kids might find this as a negative but Morgan liked the fact that you had to sit quietly, raise your hand, and get called on before you could talk. You would think that she did this in her Pre-K class, but apparently not to this extreme.
8) Walking to and from school. She's already asking if she walk by herself. I thought I had a few years before she started asking this!
By the end of the day, Morgan is exhausted and has been having huge meltdowns. So is Klayton. It's all par for the course of adjusting to this new, busy schedule and controlling her body/trying to behave so well during the day. By the morning, she up and at them - excited to do it all again.