Tuesday, August 4, 2009

This and That

I've lost my camera. I've needed a new one for a while, so it's not too bad that I lost it. I had pictures of this weekend on it so that part isn't so good. Maybe it will show up somewhere or maybe it's off with the cell phone I lost in the house three years ago.

This weekend was super busy. Fun. But busy. On Friday we took Morgan to Elich Gardens Amusement Park. We got a free ticket through the Library's Summer Reading Program as well as a coupon for $15 off each person. We still paid $40 for the three of us to get in, $10 for parking, $40 for lunch and $10 for a snack. Not quite a deal. I really don't know how people can afford to go here, plus the park is not that big, there isn't much shade and the lines can get long. There weren't too many rides we could all ride together. We spent most of the time in the kiddie section. The weather was cold and cloudy so we didn't do the water park but we did ride the Rapid. Morgan looked terrified the whole time. Her eyes were as big as saucers. She claimed she liked it, but I'm not so sure.


Unless she gets another free ticket as a reward for the reading program, I don't think we will be returning here anytime soon. I would much rather do Water World.

Saturday we meet the Moores at the Great Plains Park so the kids could have some fun at the Splash Park.

Sunday we took our neighbor Madison to the zoo with us. It was our first trip taking another child someone without the parents and it was a success. These are the pictures I lost. It amuses me how one can have a family pass to the zoo, but can still manage to spend so much money there. We rode the train, the carousel, had a snack and feed the birds - all which are an extra cost. I think the girls looked at the animals for 1/4 the time we were there. The girls got along great until the very end and that was our fault. It was hot and they were tired, but they still wanted to see the giraffe on the other end of the zoo. We should have told them no. By the time we got there, they were fighting - both walking with their arms crossed and crying. We saw the giraffes for a few seconds and then high tailed it out of there. By the time we got back to car, they were getting along again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I worked at ELitch's back in the summers of 90 and 91. Why did my parents let me work there when I was 14 and 15??

I refuse to accept the changes they made to it and cling to the memories of how it USED to be before selling out to 6 flags, lol