Saturday, January 10, 2009

Giving Credit Where Credit is Due - Snapfish Update

After my post about the problems I had with Snapfish I received a comment from Otto Imken, Worldwide Customer Support Manager for Snapfish. See post and comment here. I sent him my account information and in a very timely matter, I received the following e-mail from him:

I am very sorry for the trouble you had with Snapfish this season.

I checked on that order xxxxx-11L and it appears the calendar got caught in a known bug we have so that the details of your calendars were not transmitted correctly from our servers to the factory: we tried to resubmit several times automatically and it failed each time. The support agents could not tell what was happening until the order failed completely and was automatically cancelled by the system. This was a software problem on our side.

The agent you spoke with definitely did not give you the right answer, and should have offered to resubmit your order for free with expedited shipping when they saw it was not being processed at the factory yet. This is our standard policy for orders that do not get submitted by our servers correctly. I apologize for this failure and I will find out who you spoke with and follow up with their supervisor.

In case you would like to try Snapfish again the future, I have added a free credit for 8.5"x11" classic calendar - 12 months to your account.

Again, I’m very sorry for the trouble we caused and I will do my best to make sure it does not recur in the future with other customers.

If you have any further questions or feedback, please feel free to contact me directly any time.


While I do not think I'll be taking him up on the offer, I appreciate the fact that someone finally responded to my issues. I hope he is able to make sure this doesn't happen again with another customer. Hopefully Snapfish can get their customer service back on track.

No comments: