Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday Morgan


I can not believe that Morgan turns 4 today. People tell you that kids grow up too fast, but you can't fully appreciate how true that is until you wake up and sudden your little baby has suddenly turned into a preschooler. I couldn't be prouder of the person she has become. While she's strong-willed, stubborn and can be quite the drama queen; she is also hilarious, compassionate, and smart. So happy birthday buggaboo. We love you so much!


How Things Change at Four Per Morgan
1. My shoes don't fit anymore (in reality they do)
2. I grew tons over night
3. I can't be carried anymore
4. No more lullabyes at night
5. I'll be five tomorrow


How We Celebrated
I took off work today to spend the day with Morgan. First we headed to the bookstore where I read her every Princess, My Little Pony and Fancy Nancy books in the whole store. Then we went to the movie theater to see Kit Kittridge (American Girl). This was the first movie that she sat through the whole thing without getting scared. It was a cute movie. Some of it was probably over her head, but she seemed to enjoy it. Next it was off to the grocery store to pick up cupcakes for her school. She fell asleep on the way home and napped for almost an hour in the car.

When Mark got home she opened presents. At first she acted odd about her camera, but then she couldn't put the thing down. She also got some Fancy Nancy dress up clothes from Baba and Gigi which she loved and a Dora Hop On which she hopped on all over the house - and hopped off all over the house. She was laughing so hard.

For dinner we went to her favorite restuarant - Old McDonalds (aka McDonalds). She took her camera into McDonalds. I was a little worried what people would think since she was going up to all the kids in the playland and asking if she could take their pictures. Hopefully not too many parents got concerned.

Then she had her swim lesson. Her normal teacher was on vacation so their was a guy filling in. I don't know what was going on, but her and the other two girls in her class refused to get in the water because they "didn't want a boy teaching them". One girl finally got in about 10 minutes in to class. The second girl left. Morgan finally got in 15 minutes (or half way) into class. Of course she had fun once she was in.

I think she had a great, fun birthday.

No comments: