Saturday, August 9, 2008

Baby Fever

Today I threw a baby shower for my dear friend Joann. I was a bit nervous about the whole thing as 30 people RSVPed to come and I had no idea how the heck we were going to fit that many in our house. Thank goodness Jackie came over and help me get things ready and Mark was also a great help. As it turned out, only 20 people actually showed up so there was no need to worry. The shower went quite well and Joann was very surprised and happy with everything we did for her. We had the girls decorate fabric squares that are going to be sewn into a quilt for the baby, I made a diaper cake decorated with her nursery theme (ducks), we played the ever popular guess the poop (candy bars melted in diapers) game and just for Joann (who's favorite game of all time is the Price is Right) played the Price is Right Baby Style.

I'll have to confess that seeing Joann pregnant really makes me miss being pregnant. I absolutely LOVED being pregnant. Sigh. But then I think about the labor part (for us it was a nightmare - almost lost Morgan and/or me!) and the new baby part (can you say colic) and that fever starts to fade.

No comments: