Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Be Careful What You Wish For

Yesterday I was having a terrible day at work (or should I say worse than usually). I commented to Sara that I should check my sick time and see what I have and then use it.

Fast forward to this morning. Morgan wakes up this morning. Her eye is matted shut, red and swollen. This isn't what I had in mind. I was hoping to use sick time for some me fun time. Instead I ended up taking Morgan to the doctor to get a prescription for red eye. The doctor said that she could go back to school after the first drops. This is new and I'm not 100% sure I buy it. I decided to stay home the whole day with her anyways. We had a wonderful mother-daughter day and did so much stuff: she dragged out the playdough that we haven't touched forever, played lots of board games, did several art projects including the real cool window decal making kit Grandpa John got her for her birthday, and even made it to the park for over an hour. Turns out the sick time did end up being fun time.

Days like today really make me wish I could be a stay-at-home mom.

No comments: