Thursday, August 14, 2008

Going for the Gold

Sorry I haven't blogged for a while. I've been in California for work. The trip went very well, but I don't want to talk about work. Let's talk instead about the Olympics. Morgan is enthralled with it. We watched the girl's gymnastics before I left and she couldn't get enough. She was asking all sorts of questions: Where are they from, which country is that girl from, what are they putting on their hands, how can I get in the Olympics. Then she started to imitate everything they were doing. It was so cute to see her throwing her arms and legs all around. She kept going over to her play kitchen, putting her hands in the sink and informing us how she is putting chalk on her hands. We recorded the rest of the events, so I'll have to video tape her watching some of it.

She also informed us that some day she will be in the Olympics for gymnastics. I told her the Olympics is for the best of the best - that there are other competitions/teams she could be on as well. To which she replied that some day she will be best of the best - if she practices enough she will be in the Olympics. At least she has determination.

No comments: